We are looking for fiction and non-fiction/memoir (1,000 to 3,000) of any genre and poetry (no more than 40 lines) that is related to mental health, in theme, subject matter, characterization, whatever “mental health” means to you.
Please email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rules for Submissions
- You are allowed to submit as many times as you like, but please do so separately – one submission per piece.
- Please edit your submissions before sending them in for consideration.
- All work must be your own.
- Work should not be published anywhere else, though simultaneous submissions (work that is currently submitted to another market) are allowed. We ask you that you inform us immediately if your work is selected elsewhere.
- Please ensure your name, email, and telephone number are on your piece. Please ensure the title of your piece is clear, along with word count.
- Please provide a short bio (max 50 words).
- Please ensure your piece is in .doc or .docx format.
We are a very small team but promise to read each and every piece you send to us. Given those constraints however, it may take up to 4 weeks to respond, but rest assured, we will! Please do not inquire as to your submission.
Do We Pay?
We are a small, independently owned literary magazine. As such, our funds are very limited. However, we know your work is worth being paid for so we can happily pay $50.00 CDN per fiction, non-fiction, and memoir piece, and $20.00 CDN per poem.